Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'm a Bag Lady!

My three awesome blogger buddies, Karen, Amy and Regena and I often pick a project and swap with each other. It's fun, we can get creative and we each get 3 completed items!

Regena was the organizer of our recent Friendship Swap and decided that we all needed to make the Reusable Grocery Bag! It's an awesome pattern from Michelle Patterns.

It's a very quick and easy bag to make.  They are designed like the plastic bags that every store in America is using. 
You can choose your own fabric and you are being "green" and fashionable at the same time!

These are the bags that I created:

 Cherries and gingham for Karen

 Doxie for Amy - who has the cutest two dachsund fur babies ever!

 and happy chickens for Regena!

These are the awesome bags I received!


They are fun, sturdy, hold a lot and make spending so much money at the grocery store
somewhat enjoyable! You don't have to use them just at the grocery store either!
I also take mine to our weekly Farmer's Market at work.
They will tote anything!

The black and white bicycle one Regena made specifically for my husband. She thought he needed a more "manly" bag of his own. Chris and I do most of the grocery shopping together and he does the majority of the cooking at our house. 
And he's an avid cyclist so the fabric is perfect.

If you would like to become a bag lady and have your very own resuable bag but don't want to make one, just hop on over to Karen's etsy store. She has them for sale and let me tell you - they are awesome, extremely well made and come in a ton of fabric choices!

Being a Bag Lady is so fun! Happy Shopping!

6 comments:

  1. I love my dachshund bag! it is sooo cute in person. thank you so much my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I loved making it for you too!

      Delete
  2. I love all my bags too. the chickees are fun...maybe I should do a bag lady post too. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you did when you made them all?

      Delete
  3. Adorable! I can't wait to get mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would've thought you would have had it by now. Hopefully tomorrow!

      Delete