Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hop, Skip & Jump!



I have joined my first Block-of-the-Month Quilt Along! It is a 12-month quilt program sponsored by Sew Lux Fabric.  I will receive one 12-inch block pattern per month. The series will run from June 2013 through May 2014.

The Hop, Skip & Jump BOM Quilt block kits will feature prints from the Happy-Go-Lucky collection by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. I love the colors and prints of this fabric line!
I think they are so happy and fun!

 

The twelve blocks in the series are supposed to be beginner-friendly and will be variations of the Churn Dash and Snowball blocks. Sew Lux will provide all the step-by-step instructions as well as photos, illustrations, and cutting diagrams with each month’s block pattern.

I am excited to get started.  I received a "bonus block" today via email and it's a fun Churn Dash Block in dark blue, red, white and gray.

The fabric and first block are scheduled to arrive around June 1st.
Can't wait to receive my supplies and get started!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Can't wait to see your progress :) Love that fabric line too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be fun and I can't wait to get started.

      Delete
  2. how fun! I haven't done that in a long time. It seems like it takes forever but then pow! you have a whole quilt! You are gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how fun! love those fabrics. let me know how it goes, I keep trying to do a BOM and then a chicken out.

      Delete