Thursday, January 10, 2013

Work in Progress (WIP)

I made a deal with myself on January 1st, that I wouldn't buy any new fabric, new kits or other crafty projects until I finished the projects I already have at home.  But there are sooo many pretty fabrics out there and so far, I've only purchased one small little item.
Hey I made it until January 10th - don't judge....

Anyway...one of these projects was a quilt for my grandson, Christopher. I signed up for a class at my local quilt shop to sew a Radiant design and it was supposed to be for him for Christmas, however the class was canceled in December and I just didn't finish it on my own.

Last Saturday, was the re-scheduled class. I was able to finish all 30 blocks for this fun quilt.
Now I need to sew the blocks together and add the borders then it will be time for batting, quilting and binding.
My goal is to have this quilt finished by January 31st and have my first project for 2013 done!


 These are the fabrics that I chose. I LOVE the center fabric with the multi-colored stars.
The fabrics are fun and bright and perfect for a Lil Man.
 


The blocks all finished. To create the final block you sew the light block and dark block (the one with the black center) together on the diagonal, cut the block in half and that creates the light / dark block combination. You can see a finished one in the upper left corner of the picture.

 My finished blocks on the design wall.
The way the blocks are placed creates the "radiant" effect.



I Love the way it turned out! It's so bright and fun!
Now to decide on the border fabric and finish it up!


7 comments:

  1. let us know when you are up...we have you on schedule for today for april showers blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering what size the blocks are? Such a pretty quilt. Looks pretty quick to make too.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Sorry for the late response. The block size finishes at 9 1/8". It is a fun quilt and went together pretty quickly. I have added 3 different size borders to it and the top is finished. Now to get it quilted! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete