Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year's Eve!  What big plans do you have tonight? Chris is smoking a brisket and a couple of chickens and we will have those along with some side dishes for dinner tonight. 
Then (hopefully) I would like to have our Christmas decorations packed away before the ball drops - unless I can be talked into doing something more fun (which wouldn't be too hard!)

We used to have a party on New Year's Eve, but the past several years we've taken it easy and have a nice dinner and watch a movie and I'm usually asleep by 10pm and Chris wakes me up to watch the ball drop in Times Square! Ha! 
I have this thing about waiting until midnight to ring in the New Year THEN I can go to bed!

2012 was a wonderful year! It was happy and healthy and full of adventures.
We embarked on a dream that my husband had and opened our own Okinawan Karate Dojo (school) in March. It's been fun and exciting but has made our lives busier because we both still work full-time jobs in addition to woking at the dojo. Chris is the Sensei so he does the majority of the teaching and I handle the office stuff.

We welcomed a new granddaughter in March - Eleanor Lynn. 
She is happy, adorable and smiles all the time.

Our oldest son, Chris and grandson, Christopher III moved in with us also in March. (Wow March was a busy month!)  Having a 4-year old at home again has been interesting but oh so much fun! Christopher is a very smart, very happy Lil Man and keeps us all on our toes.  There are lots of toys, Hot Wheels, Nerf guns and laughter and we wouldn't change any of it!

I had a milestone birthday in June and turned 50!
Wow! I've had a wonderful life with a beautiful family and loads and loads of memories and look forward to the next 50 years!

Chris raised money and road his bicycle 75 miles for the Lance Armstrong LIVESTRONG cancer foundation.

We grew tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers in 2012 and we plan on growing them again this summer and maybe adding a few more items.

I made my first two quilts ever. They were baby quilts and turned out adorable!
I would like to make one for my husband and each of my sons in 2013.
I've sewn and crafted and re-discovered my cross-stitch and embroidery skills. I love to create.

I celebrated 15 years at my job with Contra Costa County.

Our camping adventures took us to new locations this year for fishing and camping.
We saw Crater Lake in Oregon and Antelope Creek Ranch in Northern California, in addition to our other favorite places to travel.
I actually got the hang of fly-fishing and even caught my first fish! 
And we already have some trips planned for 2013.

My goal in 2013 is to get more done and spend less time procrastinating. 
I am a BIG prograstinista!

More doing instead of dreaming.
More reading.
More time spent with GOD and His word.
More experimenting with ingredients and cooking different cuisines.
More time enjoying our lovely backyard.
More Grandma and Papa time with the grandkids.
More playing, more fishing and more bike riding.
More sewing, crafting and quilting.
More blogging :o)
I have projects that I never finished and projects I want to start.
More minimizing and more organizing and more follow through.

Thank you for reading my blog and sharing my adventures.
I look forward to what 2013 has in store for me and my wonderful family and I wish you a very Happy Near Year and a wonderfully, awesome 2013 filled with your own amazing adventures!


5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your new adventures in 2013! Thanks for being part of my daily life :) Friends like you are a treasure! I wish you and yours a happy healthy and blessed 2013!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to your adventures too. ahhhh, why wasn't,t I invited to dinner? I eat chicken and brisket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. We didn't even invite our kids to dinner. Ha!

      Delete
  3. what a busy year! I want to procrastinate less too and focus on finishing projects and not starting new ones until the old ones are done!

    ReplyDelete